Camp Eagle Staff Re-hire Application
If you have worked on Camp Eagle Staff before, you are in the right place! If you have not worked as Camp Eagle Staff in the past, please click here to go to the correct page. Thank you for your interest in Camp Eagle. We want to remind you of some additional info:
Camp Eagle staff must...
- have a personal, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- have a Christ Honoring testimony that is growing through consistent Bible study, prayer, witnessing to the lost, and church attendance.
- love the Lord Jesus with all his/her heart and demonstrate this love by service to others within and without the body of believers.
- have good leadership ability and good people skills.
- are personable, warm, and friendly
- have good physical stamina.
- have a God-given burden to win people to the Lord Jesus Christ and disciple those who are already born-again believers.
- seek to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ in all areas of life.
Camp Eagle Staff Salaries and Other Benefits
- We offer above-average camp salaries! Camp Eagle Counselors are considered employees of Shenandoah Baptist Church in Roanoke, Virginia. They are paid a weekly salary of $250.00 per week for first time counselors. Camp Eagle Staff are paid on the 15th of each month and the last business day of the month. Other staff salaries are based on experience and position.
- Camp weeks start on Monday and end on Friday evenings. Therefore, Camp Eagle Staff enjoy weekends off with the exception of the Lil' Eagle's Overnighter, which dismisses on one Saturday around 5:00pm.
- Weekend meals are provided for out of town counselors at the camp or when with the Camp Director.
- Laundry can be done on the camp property at no charge.
- High accountability towards spiritual growth and life impacting ministry training.
After prayerfully considering returning to Camp Eagle, please fill out the application at the bottom of this page in its entirety.
If employment is extended to you, the ministry will request a criminal history record and a report from the Child Protective Services. The ministry will cover the expense of these reports. The information received from these reports will determine continued employment.
Camp Eagle is a ministry of Shenandoah Baptist Church in Roanoke, VA. Shenandoah Baptist Church has been granted an exemption status under the FICA tax rulings.
Shenandoah Baptist Church has taken the position that the church is not an entity to be taxed by the government. Therefore, Shenandoah Baptist Church does not pay FICA tax, federal unemployment tax, state unemployment tax or any other taxes that are or will be assessed on any employer.
How this affects SBC staff members:
You are considered self-employed for FICA (Social Security) purposes.
Each tax year you are required to file, along with your normal tax Form 1040, a Schedule SE 9 for self-employed persons.
You must make the decision to either have us withhold your self-employment tax from your paycheck (in the form of additional federal income tax withholding), or you must file on a quarterly basis Form 1040ES 9 estimated tax remitting your quarterly payment.
If you would like for the self-employment tax to be withheld as additional federal tax withholding, please indicate by writing 15.3% on Line 6 of form W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate when final tax forms for employment are completed.
Camp Eagle Staff Re-hire Application
If you have read all of the text above, prayed about your decision to apply, and feel you meet the qualifications, then please fill out and submit the application. Remember, this is for returning employees only. Please click here if you have never been previously employed by Camp Eagle.